Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In

FAQs about the Regent House

How do I check if my name is on the Roll of the Regent House?

You can see if you are on the Roll of the Regent House by looking at the Reporter Special ‘List of members of the Faculties and Roll of the Regent House’, available on the Reporter Specials page. If your name doesn’t appear on the Roll, but you think it should do, you should contact the Clerk of the Roll of the Regent House, Julia Roebuck (email, who will be able to advise you. A preliminary Roll is published on 1 October each year (also available from the Reporter Specials page), so it is advisable to check that your name appears in this preliminary Roll before the final version is promulgated at the beginning of November.

I have recently joined the University; when will my name appear on the Roll?

Whenever you join the University (as a University Officer), you will not become a member of the Regent House and be eligible to vote until the next promulgation; names are added/removed annually so you will not be on the Roll of the Regent House until the November following your appointment. Only those people whose names appear on the Roll of the Regent House when it is promulgated on the fifth weekday in November have voting rights.

My name/College affiliation is incorrect on the Roll, how can I amend my details?

Corrections must be advised before the November promulgation of the Roll. All Regent House members are asked to check their entry on the 1 October preliminary Roll of the Regent House. The deadline for notifying the Registrary’s Office of any amendments is publicised in the 1 October Special Reporter. It is generally around a fortnight before the November promulgation. Once the Roll has been promulgated it is not possible to make amendments until the next edition.

What is a 'topic of concern'?

Ten members of the Regent House can submit a request, in writing to the Registrary, that a particular topic of concern (item of interest) should be brought forward at a Discussion. The Registrary will then report the request to the Council, and the topic will be included among the matters for consideration at a forthcoming Discussion (see Regulation 1(b) of the Discussion regulations).

How do I apply for access to the University Combination Room?

Further information about the University Combination Room, including details about its history and how to apply for access, is available here: