Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In

FAQs about ballots

How do I vote in a ballot?

If you are on the Roll of the Regent House, you will automatically be sent voting information and instructions about how to cast your vote. From January 2015 voting in ballots will be conducted electronically, although members who opt-in by the notified deadline may continue to receive hardcopy ballot papers.

Can I vote if my name doesn’t appear on the promulgated Roll of the Regent House?

Only those people whose names appear on the Roll of the Regent House when it is promulgated on the fifth weekday in November have voting rights. Names are added to the Roll once a year, so the names of those who become eligible for membership of the Regent House after promulgation of the Roll will be published on the proposed Roll in October of the following year.

How do I check if I am eligible to vote?

You can check if you are a member of the Regent House by looking at the most recent promulgated Roll published in the Reporter.

What is a fly-sheet?

A fly-sheet is a statement outlining the views of ten or more Regent House members on a matter which has been put to a ballot; the statement is submitted to the Registrary and circulated with the voting papers.

Who should I contact if I have a query about the Roll?

All queries about the Roll should be submitted to Julia Copson, the Clerk of the Roll of the Regent House (email

Who should I contact if I have a query about a fly-sheet or a ballot?

Questions relating to ballots or fly-sheets should be directed to the University Draftsman, Ceri Benton (email